Terminal 107 Public Access/Park
A small fragment of the once magnificent Duwamish River Estuary is the site of a shoreline park with views of Mount Rainier, downtown Seattle, and a created brackish marsh on Kellogg Island. Native Americans chose this site as a fishing village over 1100 years ago. The eight acre park provides an intimate gathering space, a larger meadow amphitheater, a picnic area for group gatherings, and a path system making connections to shoreline viewing areas and the adjacent Herring's House Park. J.A. Brennan developed the master plan, detail design, and construction documents for the park. Other features include public art, intertidal habitat restoration, and a parking area.
Client: Port of Seattle
Location: Seattle, WA